The Viennese Rathaus / City Hall

located at Rathausplatz (City Hall Square) in the 1st Viennese municipal district, inner city, until 1960 referred to as the New City Hall to differentiate it from the old city hall, was built from 1872 to 1883 according to the design of architect Friedrich von Schmidt. It features a Gothic Revival style. The building houses the offices of the Mayor of Vienna and the Governor of the Province, municipal council and parliament, the Vienna City Senate and Provincial Government, the Chief Executive Director, and various regional administrative departments.